Mar 25, 2013

Foods: Sweet and Spicy Chicken!

Since I joined this company, I became a fan of Korean dishes. Dalawa lang kasi ang option naming kainan dito sa office, isang carenderia at ang Adobo 'To (I'll write a separate blog about this). Naging 3rd option namin 'yung Happy 6 Days na Korean resto. Instant favorite namin 'yung sweet and spicy chicken. 

Last December, we spent the holidays with my side of family. Mahilig talagang magluto 'yung mga cousins ko. At isa sa pinagsaluhan namin sa Noche Buena ay ang version nila ng sweet and spicy chicken. Kaya nung saberday, hindi ako nagdalawang isip na gawin sya for my family. I'll share my recipe. You'll be surprise how easy it is. Hope you'll like it, too. 'Yun nga lang, pagpasensyahan nyo na kasi layman terms ang gagamitin ko sa procedure, 'ya know, I'm not a cook. :)

Ingredients:

1 kilo/whole Chicken

For the breading
1 cup Flour (or more)
1 sachet Magic Sarap

For the sauce
1/2 bar Butter
1 bottle Jufran Sweet Chili Sauce
1 bottle Jufran Hot Sauce

Procedure:

1. For the breading. Mix flour and magic sarap (adjust the amount of each depending on your taste, syempre mas maalat kung mas marami 'yung magic sarap, I actually didn't use the whole sachet).
2. Cover the chicken with the breading.
3. Deep fry chicken in a hot cooking oil. Set aside.


4. For the sauce. In a separate pan, melt butter in medium heat. Wag sigurong sobrang init na nung pan bago ilagay kasi baka masunog 'yung butter. Pag melted na lahat, pour in the sweet chili sauce and the hot sauce, you can control the amount of both sauces depending on your taste. You can put more hot sauce if you prefer it extra chili. 
5. Last step, combine the chicken and the sauce.
6. Plate and serve. 

Taadaaa!! Presenting my sweet and spicy chicken!!

I cut into strips carrots and cucumber for garnish
Instant hit sya mga mare. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear your thoughts, drop a line or two! :)