Oct 15, 2013

1st Family Staycation: Acacia Hotel Part 1

I did the right decision on booking our very first family staycation at Acacia Hotel. I chose to use the coupon I bought from Deal Grocer (one of the group buying sites that are so IN right now) 2 days before my birthday. There couldn't be a better timing than this.

My small family is not used to grandiose living. (Kaya talagang pinag ipunan ko 'tong bakasyon na 'to. And it's all worth it!) That's why we were really amazed with everything that this hotel has to offer. From the concierge, to their majestic receiving area, down to the smallest details in our room. Everything is PERFECT!

The kids feeling at home

They just can't sit down

Meeting new friends

The Little Girl exploring The Lobby


The two kids loved the bed. I could simply tell from their smiles. How I wish I could take this home!


 



We walked and walked around the room. I simply couldn't believe my eyes that we're actually staying here for a night. I may sound OA to some of you mga mare, pero this is my first time (as much as I can recall) to stay in a 5-star hotel. Pagbigyan nyo na ako. We're cheap like that. =)

Upon entering the room, they started checking out everything



Complimentary tea and coffee
 
Complimentary water and more

Bath soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner

The bathtub where the kids stayed most of the time

Safety deposit box for our valuables

We rested for a while and headed out to the pool area so the kids could swim before we hit the mall for dinner. Angela was in heaven. Tuwang tuwa ang bagets. It was the first time that I knew she didn't feel scared of the water. Before kasi, she'll just sit on the corner and play with the water. But now, she was freely swimming walking around. Nakakatuwa! She's all grown up! =)

The happy hubby

Feeling shy at first




Originally, I didn't plan to let the little girl swim with her Ate. I know I just can't allow her near a water in the afternoon, much more in a breezy afternoon. Yun kasi lagi ang nag ttrigger ng cough and colds nya. I don't want her to get sick again. If you've read my posts here, here and here, you will surely understand my hesitation. Pero I couldn't deny her either the joy that I'm sure she'll experience once her little feet touched the pool. Oh boy, I was right! She was ecstatic the moment she felt the water beneath her. Such a lovely sight!

After the short but sweet time spent at the pool, we took off to the nearest mall. Since the hubby was in full vacation mode, we decided to maximize the hotel's services and asked for the shuttle to take us to Alabang Town Center. Feeling turista lang. Haha.

Initially, I wanted to eat at Yakimix kasi I'm sure Angela will enjoy the desserts but the hubby didn't want to since it is a Saturday. We agreed to eat at Fridays instead. Should I've known that there's a big crowd of UAAP fanatics inside, I'll decide otherwise. Not that I hate basketball or UAAP, I just want a more relax atmosphere for the kids. Well, nanay na nanay lang ang peg ko. Lol!

After dinner, we had a short walk and then headed back to the hotel. Upon walking inside The Lobby, balik agad ang pagka feeling turista namin. Lol! There's a live jazz music being played there every night pala. Sosyal! The hubby whispered to me that he wants to stay for a bottle of beer but when he realized that we have kids in tow, "next time na lang pala, bhe". Poor guy! Next time it must be just the two of us. Sorry kids, Dad and Mom needs some quality time alone, too. =)

I was a happy mom when I closed my eyes. I was so damn sure my hubby and the two kids had a good night sleep, too!

She was all over the place

She can't get enough

The happy Ate before hitting the bed


...to be continued






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear your thoughts, drop a line or two! :)