Dec 27, 2013

Raising a toddler and a pre-schooler...

...is very very challenging!

I seriously have no idea how mommies having 3 kids and more manage to keep their sanity intact. I now have a higher regard to all stay-at-home-moms. I have read a few blogs and articles comparing or if not, questioning how being a jobless mother complains of exhaustion after a day. Thinking it is easy peasy to stay at home and manage a household AND look after the kids. Oh yeah, sounds really fun. But you have no idea how tough it is!



Oh, I have equal respect for working mothers. Although most of us have someone to look after the kids those time that we are at work, it doesn't make us less of a mother. The responsibilities and issues are all the same. Nothing less.

I have mixed emotions now that I have two kids. I am (most of the time) elated by their innocence. Their warm embraces immediately erase my worries. Their wet kisses here and there warm my aching body. Their laughter sets my mood. And the list goes on and on....

But along these happy moments, there are also tough times. There are endless running, shouting and whining. The whole house could be a complete mess in seconds. Toys are scattered everywhere. And then there's sibling rivalry and jealousy. This is difficult. My two daughters get along pretty well early this year. Angela didn't show any signs of jealousy until the past few months. I don't know how I wasn't able to notice it early on. Would I have prevented it if I've known earlier? I'm not sure. But I am certain that the love and attention we're showing them are equal. But I guess sibling rivalry is normal. Besides, their issues are pretty petty at this point. I just have to guide them along the way and be more attentive this time. I don't want them hating each other at the end.

Let's see if I'm doing right on raising my kids;

1. I try to spend equal-alone-time with the two kiddos. Just so I can show to Ate that I love them both equally. This has been her issue all along.

2. I say NO to both of them. Although their needs at this point are very different, when it comes to playing and other stuff, when it's "NO" to Ate, it's also a "NO" to the Little Girl.

3. When I play with the Little Girl or Ate, the hubby plays with the other one. So that no one will ever feel jealous of not getting attention.

4. Sunday is Family Day. It doesn't necessarily mean that we need to go to the mall or eat out. Sometimes cuddling in our pajamas the whole day is more fun for the kids. Or it could be watching their favorite movie over and over again.

These are just a few of what I've been extra conscious about lately. Motherhood is a continuous learning process. That is certain. No one could ever be perfect in this field.

Anyhoo, I'm crossing my fingers praying that I'll be a good mom to my kids. Good luck to us mommies! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear your thoughts, drop a line or two! :)