Jan 2, 2014

Welcome, 2014!!

Despite being exhausted for the past few days because I have no househelp, I still want to stay positive in welcoming 2014.

But before anything else, I would like to thank my mom endlessly for being here with us to celebrate the holidays and to help us look after the kids. Mom, I haven't said this to you for quite some time now, thank you from the bottom of my heart and I super duper love you. I couldn't pull this off if it weren't for you. :)




So, as I was saying, I wanted to be more positive this 2014. To start with, let's look back to the year that has been and the learnings I gained.

1. It's hard to design a house (that's what the hubby does, we are in construction business) and it's even harder if it's your own. But it is full of fun. From choosing colors down to floor tiles. And be prepared financially because even if you set a certain budget, you will surely go overboard especially if you are like us, compulsive shopper.

2. Stay calm when kids get sick. We've been in and out of the hospitals this year and panicking is not good. I know it's easier said than done but believe me, it never helps. Plus, it helps to be familiar with the symptoms. It could somehow ease the mind to know that you are in control of the situation. Been there, done that.

3. Marriage will always be tested. It won't always be happy memories. It is going to be tough but make sure to always communicate so it won't get big. Listen to what he has to say and likewise. And it sure doesn't hurt to accept one's fault.

4. Laughter is and will always be the best medicine. Problems? Laugh it off. Always remember that we have a bigger God up there.

5. Save and be prepared. This is something that I should have done ages ago. Save more and spend less, that's my mantra this year.

6. Life isn't always fair. There would be good times and there will be tough times. But what really matter is how you handle things. At some point, you might feel like giving up, that's normal. But make sure to stand up and stand firm. The sun shines after the storm. Don't worry. 

With all these with me, I'm pretty sure 2014 will be better. 

Let's do this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would like to hear your thoughts, drop a line or two! :)